We’re an award-winning content production company looking for two experienced and enthusiastic sound engineers to join our team on a freelance basis.
We want people who can record, edit and mix audio for both BBC Radio and our commercial clients. Our work includes producing major BBC strands and creating audio guides and podcasts for leading cultural institutions. We also hire out our studio for other recordings, so you could be running those sessions too.
This is an ad hoc freelance role at the moment, but for the right person it could become a more permanent position in future.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is very experienced at recording and mixing speech with pre-recorded music and fx / actuality for network broadcast
- Has a good working knowledge of Protools – we use it almost exclusively
- Has a good knowledge of recording and mixing equipment and is able to troubleshoot in our studio
- Has a working knowledge of technical broadcast standards
- Has strong people skills, and can work well with our varied clients and production teams
- Is calm in high-pressure situations and has a mature attitude
- Pays close attention to detail and accuracy
Ideally you’d also:
- Have a good musical knowledge, including classical
- Have experience working on a range of programme genres, including documentaries, dramas and music programmes, for various radio networks
If you’d like to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV, along with a short covering letter, to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Sunday 17th September.
If you have any questions, or if you’d like to have an informal chat about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8740 4666.
Loftus is an award-winning production company, established in 1997. We make radio for the BBC and innovative audio for clients like Tate Modern and the Barbican. We are a leading supplier of photography and online content for broadcasters and publishers. We have a simple ethos: we nurture our creatives and together make content that matters. It is a very exciting time for the company and we are looking for people to join us who are eager for their next adventure in audio.
Loftus is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.