What’s the job? Radio Account Manager
Where do I work? News Scotland, Glasgow
Who’s my manager? Deputy Head of Sales, Scotland
What is the goal of this role?
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Sales, the Radio Sales Manager is responsible for developing revenue across three newly launched radio stations while contributing to the team and departmental budgets. Working to set key performance indicators, the RSM will provide an industry leading customer experience through a combination of external meetings, telephone and face to face presentations/pitches. Responsible for maximising all opportunities while growing revenue.
What are my accountabilities?
- To work alongside key editorial/programming colleagues to be a brand ambassador for our radio propositions, and forward plan a strategic, targeted approach for the brands with clear and trackable deliverables.
- Create brand specific extensions to sell into/against to further maximise on all revenue potential especially sponsorship/promotional opportunities.
- Accountable for assigned leads and proactively sourcing and selling to new leads.
- Prepares for and conducts every meeting with consistency and industry leading skill and service. This includes background research, establish objectives, prepare an agenda and a comprehensive follow up for every appointment.
- Demonstrates an ability to influence client decision makers through confidently presenting, negotiating and closing a sale.
- Consistently works closely with the wider advertising team to identify business needs and opportunities across their category/categories and brand focus.
- Displays a strong knowledge of the News UK portfolio, competitor products and the category/categories’ marketplace in which he/she sells.
- Fully competent with the relevant systems and processes within News UK Commercial.
- Ensure superior customer service is given at all times internally and externally across all business areas.
- Is responsible for verbal and written reports of territory revenue, sales, opportunities and threats to their HOS’ and DHOS’ specifications.
- Ensure that credit and queries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Ensures spend agreements are introduced, measured, delivered and repeated across category/categories
- Establish a relationship with First Radio Sales to monitor national activity being pitched and booked
- An ability to forward plan and forecast
Who are my contacts?
- Commercial (News UK and Wireless Group)
- Editorial/Programming (News UK and Wireless Group)
- Established and potential customers
- Wireless Group Scheduling
- Wireless Group Commercial Production/Creative Services
- First Radio Sales
What experience must I have?
- Working knowledge of the Scottish advertising market
- Communicating at all business levels
- Influencing skills
- Sales and target delivery
- Key Account Management
- Presentation Skills
- Creativity and Innovation
- New Business Development
To apply, please send a copy of your CV, together with a covering letter to email@example.com