Full-time, 12 month contract, based in London.
We are seeking an experienced speech radio producer to work across TBI’s growing output on a full-time basis.
TBI Media is a multi award winning, rapidly growing independent production company making landmark radio, television and online content as well as producing major events for the BBC, commercial broadcasters and commercial brands. Projects range from weekly specialist music output, to high quality speech programming to complex, multi-platform event production.
This newly created role will help drive the development and production of programmes across the BBC’s networks, with a particular emphasis on Radio 4. You’ll contribute towards TBI’s existing strands as well as developing and producing new projects.
The role will involve working closely with the senior management and production teams at TBI, reporting into the Programme Director. You will need proven experience as a radio producer, with significant experience of developing, pitching and producing documentaries for Radio 4.
As well as producing outstanding content, you will be able to generate and implement new ideas. You will have proven editorial judgment and a good understanding of the relevant areas of law applicable to journalism particularly in relation to BBC editorial policy.
We passionately believe that our portfolio of work and reputation as a company that delivers the biggest and best ideas, makes this a great opportunity for the right person.
- Developing and producing high quality speech radio
- Generating, researching and defining new ideas
- Briefing assistant producers and overseeing research tasks
- Sourcing content, writing material for scripts
- Sourcing potential contributors and interviewees
- Selecting music appropriate to the programme, the audience and the station
- Delivering production briefings to presenters, reporters, technical staff and other contributors
- Undertaking editing, interviewing and reporting duties as necessary
- Taking responsibility for programme issues around copyright and media law
- Solid experience as a radio producer
- Experience developing and producing programmes for Radio 4
- Strong pitch writing skills and spoken communication skills vital
- Strong organisational skills. Ability to prioritise workload with an attention to detail
- A team player with a flexible and supportive approach
- Good understanding of the technical requirements of radio production
- Working knowledge of BBC production systems
- Competence editing on Reaper is preferable
Minimum salary £25k dependent on experience.
Please submit a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28th 2018.
(No recruitment agencies)