Wireless Group is now a part of News UK. Our Radio GB division operates four national radio stations; including talkRADIO and talkSPORT the world's biggest sports radio station, and Virgin Radio. It also operates 12 independent local radio (ILR) stations in England and Wales, and a number of digital radio multiplexes throughout GB.
Wireless Group is looking for a dynamic, forward-thinking News Editor to manage our National Stations' news & sport bulletins.
The role will include co-ordinating the teams, recruiting, and reading bulletins.
Based out of London you will work across talkSPORT, talkSPORT 2, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio. You will have fantastic news judgement, an eye for a story, excellent contacts and proven skills leading a team.
Required skills for this role…
- Experience as a News Editor essential
- Be able to coach and develop talent in others
- Be able to work calmly effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
- Be able to manage a small team, including casual staff
- Excellent communication, leadership and delegation skills
- Work in conjunction with the digital team to help develop a news strategy which extends beyond just on-air.
- Organise staff rotas