Premier, the UK’s leading Christian media organisation, has a fantastic opportunity for you to join its thriving news team.
We’re looking for an experienced journalist to bring passion, drive and creativity to move our news coverage to the next level.
You’ll have the opportunity to tell your stories on air to an estimated 1.1 million listeners per week and online to up to 700,000 people a month.
We put news at the heart of our three DAB radio stations, two magazines, websites featuring videos made in our studios and social media feeds followed and liked by thousands.
If you’re looking for a change and want to be part of a team sharing news that matters, apply to Premier today.
SALARY: £25,000 - £28,000pa (depending on skills & experience)
HOURS OF WORK: Full-time: 35 hours per week
REPORTING TO: Group Head of News
- Generate new stories as well as developing and moving on stories already in the news.
- Produce content for use both on-air and online.
- Contribute stories to the forward planning diary.
- Assist in the planning and production of all news/current affairs strands across platforms including packages, special reports and on-air radio programmes where required.
- Adhere to all media law and Ofcom guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years’ experience as a journalist in broadcast, print or digital media.
- Journalism qualification preferable.
- Strong news judgement.
- Excellent editorial skills in copy, headline writing for SEO and on-air delivery
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Be self-motivated and flexible.
- Able to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines.
- A good level of IT skills including audio, video or copy editing.
- Meet the established standards and contribute to the establishment of future internal guidelines.
- A proven interest and understanding of matters of the Christian church and faith.
CLOSING DATE: 14th March 2017
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.