With a view to becoming Sales Director in due course
Full Time, Manchester based, with travel around the UK
Deadline 06/10/17 (or sooner if an suitable candidate is found)
If you’re passionate about sales and like earning money, then we have an exciting opportunity for you. We are Gaydio, the UK’s only FM radio station aimed squarely at the LGBT community. We’ve been on air for 7 years and in that time we’ve built up a sizable audience and our name is known not only across the UK. We broadcast in 7 cities (London, Brighton, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Cambridge & Portsmouth).
Due to our fast growth and popularity, we need to take the leap up to the next level in order to fuel our exciting expansion. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, strategically-minded and, above all, passionate person to join our dynamic team. You will initially join as the Head of Sales, with clear objectives laid out to ensure you become Commercial Director within 6 - 12 months. You will be prepared to get your hands dirty – planning and implementing overall sales strategy for the station, developing new campaign ideas, have great account management skills and be turned on by the thrill of the chase of winning new business. You will also manage our existing team, which we will be building up for the remainder of the year.
The ideal person will have a background in selling media, ideally radio. You will be brimming with ideas of how to get the best for clients, prepared to guide advertisers through the process. Most importantly you will be target-driven, full of personality and character and slot in easily to an innovative and engaging team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To performance manage a sales team at our main site, this may include remote working staff
- To conduct coaching, feedback, one to ones and performance analysis for all team members
- To develop and maintain a sales plan for the 12 months ahead, identifying key activities and when they are to be delivered.
- To help develop and sell a range of packages including on and off-air advertising and sponsorship for the station, often by making new approaches to suitable organisations
- To assist with recruitment to maintain and expand the sales team in due course
- To manage your own portfolio of accounts, with your own sales target
- As Head of Sales you may also attend board meetings, presenting sales activity and feeding back on performance
Key Measure of Success
- Consistently exceeding monthly KPI and revenue targets (personal and team)
- To have in place personal development plans for all direct reports
- To be able to demonstrate a ‘vision’ for the sales team, identifying where there are opportunities for improvement and development.
As the ideal person for this role you can demonstrate;
- Experiencing of selling radio/media and digital products (essential)
- An understanding how advertising agencies work and the difference between servicing direct and agency clients (essential) – ideally with existing contacts to get stuck into
- You have experience of planning and managing own workload and that of teams as well as coaching teams (essential)
- Experience of line management (such as conducting performance reviews and staff related HR functions) (essential)
- The relationship between achievement of KPIs and revenue targets
- You can spot opportunities and turn this into income
- Creativity in responding to client briefs
- You are a skilled negotiator, both inside the organisation and with our customers
- You are able to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Experience of interviewing and recruiting team members
- Good attention to detail
- An ethos of continual improvement, with clear examples how that works in practice
- Good numeracy skills (minimum GCSE standard)
- You have experience of using basic computer software and tools
- You have experience of using Salesforce (desirable)
- Is willing to undertake training and development as and when required
- Has an understanding of the needs and lifestyles of LGB&T people
To apply online for this role visit gaydio.co.uk/contact/head-of-sales/