The Football Editor will report to the Programme Director and Head of Live Sport. Responsibilities will include:
- Working with producers, reporters, commentators and presenters to shape the sound of football across talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2, helping to create unmissable live football content
- Directly managing commentary teams to ensure the highest quality of output
- Forward planning to ensure reporters and pundits are covering the right matches across the schedule
- Liaising with Engineering to provide adequate technical cover and equipment to deliver the best possible audio quality, including making sure all broadcast lines are tested and in place
- Developing relationships with clubs to promote talkSPORT’s interests and reputation
- Ensuring the football output across the talkSPORT network is produced within budget and fulfils all commercial criteria
The successful candidate will be expected to work across weekends and both in the studio and producing at grounds and major events. Previous outside broadcast production experience is essential, as is a background in sports broadcasting.
- Ability to work with digital content teams to maximise exposure for live output which may included filming content on location.
- Managing production teams
- Excellent man management skills.
- Problem solver who can think on their feet to find solutions.
- Excellent sports knowledge
Please apply via the link below.