Fun Kids is a cross-platform brand targeted at 6 to 12 year olds. There’s a national DAB Radio station that 300,000 kids listen to each week, YouTube channels that deliver millions of monthly views, podcasts with hundreds of thousands of downloads and a whole host of other digital content.
It’s delivered by a super-efficient team who are focused on making great content for all of our platforms and delivering brilliant advertising campaigns for our clients. The word we get most from kids when the write to us or comment on our stuff is LOVE. We’re keen to make sure that continues to be the case.
The brand’s output is managed by Matt Deegan, but he’s dragged a load of different ways helping Fun Kids’ sister company and clients do great stuff too. We’re therefore after a Deputy Content Controller to actually do the work that Matt starts before he gets distracted.
Your focus will be on growing the brand’s output across radio, web and video – coming up with ideas and supporting other people’s – to deliver more impact and grow our audiences. You’ll be as comfortable creating content as directing others, joining the rest of our hands-on team.
We’re after people with a strong knowledge of radio and a real understanding of digital platforms. You’ll be as conversant in RAJAR as Google Analytics, as happy in Premier as you are in Audition, and as knowledgable of YouTube’s quirks as you are Zetta’s.
Maybe you’re a superstar breakfast producer, a PC that’s keen to get to London or a YouTube channel manager with an understanding of radio.
We’re looking for someone that’s excited about growing brands across lots of different platforms and can demonstrate where they’ve created some great content and had the skills to get it noticed.
If you come and work for us you’ll have the opportunity to get your ideas out there, have the support to grow your skills and experience and be part of something that captures listeners and the industry’s imagination.
We like our jobs to match and evolve around people’s skills, but your day to day responsibilites would likely include:
- Owning the content calendar
- Directing platform priorities and keeping the team up to date
- Delivering cross-platform projects for our clients
- Ensuring our YouTube and podcast channels (and third party destinations) are up-to-date with content, design and metadata that deliver success
- Making sure our social output is on-brand and growing
- Working with the Head of Music to keep the playlist reflective of the brand
- Ensure our producers are delivering radio content to time and sounding great
- Making the most of interviews and guests and working with music and PR companies to mutual benefit
- Keeping control of the drawer full of carrots and sticks when working with the on-air team
- Work from our Holborn office
- Be paid a salary commensurate with your experience
- Have access to a free stack of crisps, chocolate, fruits and drinks (it’s not exactly Google, but you can grab a packet of Frazzles and a banana)
Please send a cover letter explaining why your skills and relationships would be great for this job, as well as a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is March 19th, 5pm.