Business Development Manager – talkSPORT, London
About Wireless Group
Wireless Group is a leading UK and Irish media company, and part of the News Corp portfolio of brands. It comprises 16 radio stations across England and Wales, including talkSPORT, the world's biggest sports radio station and global audio partner of the Premier League, talkSPORT 2, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio, seven radio stations across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, an advertising house sales house based in Dublin and a growing digital division incorporating Simply Zesty and Tibus. It also has stakes in eight of the UK's digital radio multiplexes.
The successful candidate will work within the Wireless Group National Sales Team selling bespoke branded content solutions to agencies and clients across all of our platforms and stations. To generate revenue, to achieve team expectation, company targets and handle ongoing accounts.
- You will be an expert in your field
- Have an in depth knowledge of and opinions on the current goings on in the industry with particular focus on factors affecting the Sport industry, digital arena and your own agency patch
- Have an awareness of current and future advertising campaigns
- Understanding the digital market and new developments within this area
- To manage a portfolio of agencies and their clients
- Acting as a brand advocate for talkSPORT, talkSPORT2, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio having an in depth knowledge of all brands commercial and editorial offerings and market position in terms of potential opportunities
- To maintain communication with key contacts and ongoing clients to provide service and information.
- To conduct fact-finding meetings to drive briefs and assemble pitches.
- To meet with agency contacts who are the decision makers and influencers, ensuring that meetings are with those who can affect budgets.
- To ensure that a series of graded appointments are made each week across both planners and buyers
- To generate revenue across all brands through pitching innovative ideas to agencies
- Be comfortable pitching to planners, buyers, account directors and clients
Take new ideas to market with professional proposals and bespoke solutions for clients
- Good negotiation and reasoning skills
- To be able to get the best results for all of our brands without disrupting agency relations.
- A winning mentality is an absolute must.
- A reasonable level of knowledge of sport in general and the sporting calendar etc.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to build a career in radio. To apply, please email a cover letter explaining why you are right for the role, and a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 24 March 2017.
Wireless Group GB is an Equal Opportunities employer.