As one of three audio producers reporting to the Head of Production, Classic FM and Smooth, you will be responsible for producing trails and imaging for these two brands, ranging from promos and idents for individual programmes, to station-wide promo campaigns and imaging packages.
You’ll work with voiceover artists and presenters to create compelling, relevant content and ensure the highest standards at all times.
Working across two of the UK’s largest commercial radio brands (collectively reaching over 11 million listeners every week) makes this a rare and exciting opportunity in radio production.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll create a range of on-air content, primarily focused on promoting the two brands’ on-air programming (and other brands, as required). This will include sponsored content, promo trails, live reads and shorter pieces of imaging – anything from news jingles and top-of-hour branding, to into-break stabs and on-air fillers.
- You’ll write great, cut-through copy, perfectly aimed at the target audiences for Classic FM and Smooth.
- You’ll work with our digital teams to make sure there is a consistent cross-platform approach to promoting programmes.
- Working with presenters and voiceover artists will be a key part of this role – and at every stage, you’ll be required to bring out the very best of the talent you produce.
- On a regular basis, you’ll create outstanding audio for our brand extensions – ranging from podcasts to album releases.
What we expect of you
- You’ll have significant experience of making promos, branding and on-air imaging for an established radio network.
- You’ll have a clear creative vision for how the on-air station sound for both Classic FM and Smooth can drive forward the stations’ RAJAR figures.
- Financial negotiation will be something you’re comfortable with, as will the ability to organise yourself, your ability to work across multiple projects and your script writing skills, which will be second to none.
- You’ll have a strong understanding of how to reach and engage a broad audience, for both Classic FM and Smooth. (We’re not necessarily looking for a ‘classical music expert’ or Abba obsessive, though knowledge of classical music and/or the songs played on Smooth will place you at an advantage.)
- You’ll have a complete understanding of how to use Pro-Tools and Adobe Audition, and a comprehensive grasp of what makes both brands unique within the radio market.
- You’ll also be able to demonstrate full Mac proficiency.
Who you’ll be working with:
- Managing Editor, Classic FM and Smooth
- Deputy Managing Editors, Classic FM and Smooth
- Your fellow Audio Producers, working as part of a team of four that also includes the Head of Production, Classic FM and Smooth (your line manager).
- The Content Solutions teams on both Classic FM and Smooth.
- Programming team (i.e. presenters and producers) on both Classic FM and Smooth.
- Other colleagues from across Global, as required.
And of course you’ll demonstrate our Global behaviours:
- Straight talking and sincere
- Love to deliver
- Obsessive about detail
- Strive to do it differently
To apply, please visit global.com